TCF French Exam
The TCF (Test de Connaissance du Français) is a French language proficiency test for non-native speakers of French who wish to evaluate and have their level of proficiency certified for personal, professional or academic reasons.
The TCF is designed by the CIEP (Centre International d’Etudes Pédagogiques) and accredited by the French Ministry of Education. The TCF exam is a proof of proficiency in French language that is accepted by:
- most prestigious universities both in France and abroad.
- the Canadian immigration authorities if you wish to migrate to Quebec, Canada.
- the Quebec government if you wish to be a Consultant en Immigration du Canada
Each candidate will receive an Attestation (Certificate) indicating his level of knowledge of the French language. The TCF Certificate is valid for 2 years.
TCF Test Structure
The TCF is a multiple-choice test with 80 items that cover:
- Reading comprehension (30 items) – TCF Comprehension écrite
- Grammatical structures (20 items) – TCF Structures de la langue
- Listening comprehension (30 items) – TCF Compréhension orale
It also includes 2 optional tests:
- Writing (1.45 hours) – TCF Expression écrite
- Speaking (15 minutes) – TCF Expression orale
Contact us to learn more.